Why do parties give less than 8% of tickets to women? That ’s the million dollar question today!
Now Shakti – Political Power To Women get the answers tomorrow. We’re asking parties to give 50% tickets to women! We’re calling all Women MLAs across India tomorrow (Monday, 21st January 2019) from 7 PM to 9.30 PM and asking them to push their parties to give 50% of the tickets for the 2019 Parliamentary election to Women.
We need volunteers! Sign up below.
In December 2018, we called MPs from across India and asked them to table and pass the Women’s Reservation Bill (WRB), which aims to reserve seats for women in Lok Sabha and Legislative Assemblies. It was a stupendous success! 500 callers participated to call 373 MPs, 128 of them answered. Of these, 126 said they supported the Women’s Reservation Bill!
Did you know that women voters turn out is higher than men, but only 8% MPs are women? Or that there are states in India with ZERO women elected (like Nagaland or Mizoram?)
This time around we’re calling Women MLAs in every state in the country and asking them to push their parties to give more tickets (50% of them) to women for the upcoming 2019 Elections.
Instruction for Volunteers:
- Sign up: bit.ly/ShaktiState.
- Receive a list of women MLA names & contact numbers in your state.
- Keep the list ready on Jan 21, Monday evening at 7 PM.
- Set aside 20 minutes.
- Receive the sample call script in your language – it will tell you what to say.
- Call as many WOMEN MLAs as possible.
- Ask them to tell their parties to give 50% MP tickets to women for 2019 Lok Sabha
- Note down the name of women MLAs called & their answer Yes/No and anything interesting you/they spoke about.
- Send SMS or Whatsapp to +91 9341941945 with these answers.
Available English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam